Saturday

Multiple Confrontations - part 12

This story is my take on the multiverse type of stories. This is not new, the first time I was introduced to this concept in comics was way back in the nineteen eighties, with DC Comics and their All Star Squadron, that, if my memory serves me correctly, portrayed earlier versions of known characters, like The Flash, in the form they had back in the nineteen forties, during the Second World War. It was understood in that comic that this was an alternative reality, then, a few years later, DC had their "Crisis on Infinite Earth", which further brought that multiverse, alternate realities concept, grossly based on certain nineteen twenties theories on quantum physics. I also used to watch a TV show called Sliders back in the late nineties that explored that concept of alternate realities as well as several episodes of Stargate SG1, so this is by no means a new concept, although the Marvel Franchise has made it more popular in the last few years. This also allows me to use some characters I had created than killed in previous stories, without only bringing them back in stories taking place in the past. It lets me showcase them under a different light.

No comments: