Monday

The Titans awaken - Part 15

I took all the photos for this story in my basement during the winter (aside from stock shots of the different teams HQ done around the house and shed at some other time). I can make stories that take place on islands or deserts in my basement by using rocks picked up in my yard, a bag of sandbox sand bought at a hardware store, some cement blocks and white foamcore boards bought at the dollar store (to use as makeshift greenscreen with photoshop to add pictures of sea and sky took on vacation). This allows me to make stories even during the long winter months in Canada without having to be outside in the snow and still give the impression of remote exotic exteriors to some degree. So, when I feel like doing a story between November and April, I can still do so, even if there's snow outside and the temperature is too cold to be lying on the ground in the yard for several hours. I did this particular story with my son in mind, since he likes Gundam model kits so much. I did grow up watching some of the precursors of Gundam on TV which included Grandizer (Goldorak, in French, but also known as UFO Robot) and Mazinger-Z (known as Tranzor-Z on American TV), so it's not such a stretch for me to get interested in giant robots after all.

No comments: